Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Search

Type your search keyword, and press enter

Ordered List

Contact Us

Nombre

Correo electrónico *

Mensaje *

martes, 30 de junio de 2015

I use it to buy my freedom

          No comments   
It should be natural, and that's how I like women to look. I like them to feel comfortable and look organic. Clothes mean nothing until someone lives in them. I am what I am. Before I was not so proud to make fashion. My family thought fashion wasn't very interesting. So I hid that. The market is like a language, and you have to be able to understand what they're saying. I am always locked in my design studio.

Doing collections, doing fashion is like a non-stop dialogue. I'd like to believe that the women who wear my clothes are not dressing for other people, that they're wearing what they like and what suits them. It's not a status thing. I am convinced that there can be luxury in simplicity. Grunge is a hippied romantic version of punk. There is always an emotional element to anything that you make.

I have a fantastic relationship with money. I use it to buy my freedom. Women are women, and hurray for that. For me, the summer will be pure gray - mother-of-pearl gray, very pale gray. To me, this is the big statement for summer. Then we have light blue, light turquoise, lots of pink. Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury. Beauty is perfect in its imperfections, so you just have to go with the imperfections.

Every day I'm thinking about change. I didn't consider myself a fashion designer at all at the time of punk. I was just using fashion as a way to express my resistance and to be rebellious. I came from the country, and by the time I got to London, I considered myself to be very stupid. It was my ambition to understand the world I live in. I have my favourite fashion decade, yes, yes, yes: '60s. It was a sort of little revolution; the clothes were amazing but not too exaggerated. Clothes can transform your mood and confidence. A woman has the age she deserves.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario